River Cruises are a relaxing way to explore the world, but that doesn’t mean you have to leave adventure behind! Sit back, relax and take it all in with a leisurely, historic city tour in each destination. Or, keep active by hiking and cycling on your own, or with a guided tour.
Which will you choose?
River Cruising is most well-known along the iconic European rivers such as the Danube, the Rhine and the Douro. But there are so many more amazing destinations to explore!
- The Nile, Egypt: Discover the great Giza pyramids and Abu Simbel, or take a traditional Felucca ride on the river
- The Mekong, Vietnam & Cambodia: Enrich yourself with culture as you visit rural villages, monasteries, temples and local markets
- The Volga, Russia: Be awed by the architecture, visit opulent palaces and take in the famed, Russian Ballet
- The Chobe, Botswana & Namibia: Be amazed by the incredible birds and wildlife you meet on the river or from your safari truck. Visit local villages or go fishing!
- The Amazon, Peru: Learn the local way of life from the Indigenous peoples as you explore the small tributaries of the river.
- The Backwaters, Kerala, India: Relax and take in the lush scenery from a local’s perspective, as you float through the canals and lakes on a houseboat
- The Yangtze, China: Visit ancient historic sites and enjoy the spectacular scenery as you pass through the three gorges
From iconic European cities, or off the beaten track destinations, we can find an incredible adventure on the river, that’s the perfect amount of adventure for you.
Photo Credit: Ama Waterways
What to Expect
River cruises and ocean cruises are not at all the same. River cruises have only 100 – 250 guests per ship for a smaller, more intimate experience. And no need to worry about seasickness as it is always smooth sailing on the rivers.
With so few guests on board, you won’t waste time getting off the ship and into the city. You’ll dock at the edge of spectacular destinations, just waiting to be explored.
The right river cruise will give you plentiful options for how you explore. You can choose from guided tours to independent exploration, from cycling to hiking, or taste your way through your vacation with culinary adventures in wine or local cuisine. Choose something different each day, to give you maximum flexibility and a great mix of activities for your perfect vacation.
It’s as active or relaxed as you’d like it to be, now it’s just up to you to choose your first destination!
Photo Credit: Ama Waterways
Don’t wait until last minute or you’ll miss out! River cruises sell out, which means there are simply no rooms to book last minute! Booking early will reward you with great savings and extra value adds, as well as securing your choice of room on the ship. Plan at least a year in advance!
Photo Credit: Ama Waterways
Great for groups
“Shari provided great service for our little travel group of six people. She responded quickly and efficiently to questions from all of us and seemed to be always available even when she, herself was travelling.”
Judith George – Nile River Cruise, Egypt
“Shari is very helpful and prompt in returning phone messages. Her consult regarding European River Cruises was great. She found a trip that suited our travel times and budget. I would recommend her to my friends.”
Sheila Sanford – Danube River Cruise, Europe
“Shari is amazing. No matter how vague I am about the trip I want to take, she sorts through my thoughts and presents me with exactly what I am looking for.”
Kathryn Walker – Rhine River Cruise, Europe
Why Hire Love the Way You Travel?
When you hire us to plan your adventure, it’s important to understand we are not a booking agent or a search engine. We are travel planners who specialize in adventure trips.
We know it is fun to research the world of options out there, but we also know how easy it is to get overwhelmed with too much information and too many options. How do you know which itinerary, or cruise company is the right fit for you? How do you know what’s good value? Getting the professional advice of a travel planner can help you find the right fit for your adventure style. And don’t forget to ask us about the exclusive perks of working with a Virtuoso Advisor.
Investment & Benefits
We pride ourselves in providing you excellent value and exceptional, personalized service. When you hire us, our Planning and Support Fees start from only $300 + tax per household, depending on length and complexity of your trip. We manage your trip from beginning to end, which includes:
- Creation of fully customized itineraries
- Comparison of small group tour, safari, river cruise or small ship cruise options
- In-destination emergency support
- Personalized trip app for your phone and tablet
- Access to exclusive deals, perks and value adds that are not available to the general public or online.
- Planting of 25 trees + 0.5 Tonnes of CO2 removed, on your behalf
- Guidance on travel health, safety, insurance, tourist visa, vaccination, PCR testing and country entry requirements
- Professional advice, recommendations and responsible travel tips
Travel is life-changing and should be approached purposefully and respectfully. Ensure you get the personalized service you deserve for your next adventure.
How to begin your adventure
Step 1: Initial Consultation
We’ll dig deep to get to know you and why you love to travel. We’ll explore what a perfect adventure feels like for you, and what destinations you have in mind. We’ll fill you in on what it looks like to work together and then you decide if you’d like to work together on your next adventure.
Step 2: Itinerary Creation
Once you hire us, we start the research and planning for your amazing adventure! We work together to ensure the itinerary is perfect. We’ll discuss the cancellation and refund policies and make sure you have appropriate insurance coverage. We’ll guide you through the process to make sure nothing is missed and that your choices are having a positive impact, whenever possible.
Step 3: Travel Insurance
Insurance is one of the most important pieces of any vacation. It provides financial protection for your vacation investment and peace of mind if you get sick or need medical attention abroad.
We make sure you have the correct coverage for your needs and know exactly who to call in an emergency.
Step 4: Booking Management
Your plans are in place for an amazing adventure, but there’s still lots to be done! From deposits to final payments, online check ins to e-docs, vaccinations and PCR testing requirements. We’ll keep you on track every step of the way, making sure nothing gets missed. Our services continue while you are in destination, with 24/7 Emergency Support.