Adventure & Expedition Cruises
Adventure and Expedition cruises span the world!
Warm, sunny days and water sports or cool climates with snow and ice.
Which will you choose?
Wondering what you can experience on an Adventure or Expedition cruise?
Here are a few ideas to inspire you:
- Antarctica: Paddle board through the ice pans or try winter camping and you might just wake up surrounded by penguins!
- Canada’s Arctic: Photograph the diverse flora and fauna of the Arctic Tundra and learn about the Inuit way of life
- Galapagos Islands: Discover the history of evolution, swim with sea lions or dive with hammerhead sharks
- Baja California Sur: Get up close and personal with enormous grey whales or go snorkeling with whale sharks in the Sea of Cortes
- Indonesia: Dive or snorkel in some of the world’s most diverse underwater habitats in Raj Ampat
- Russia or Turkey: Spread some tourist-love by visiting under-touristed small towns around the Black Sea
- Costa Rica or Belize: Enjoy warm oceans and beautiful sunsets
- Panama: Transit the great Panama Canal. Then go bird watching or searching for sloths
- Seychelles: Discover untouched beaches and colorful marine life off the coast of Tanzania and Kenya
Photo Credit: Shari Tucker
What to Expect
Get ready to see nature from a different point of view. You’ll have the chance to learn about the local people, Indigenous culture, nature, marine and animal life. Your expert crew will lead presentations on board and answer your questions. Each ship is different, but your crew will be full of experts in topics such as: climate change, cartography, penguinology, Indigenous cultures, photography or ornithology.
Activities on an Adventure or Expedition Cruise will be based around nature, local villages and animals. From kayaking and snorkelling to hiking and snowmobiling, you’ll be sure to have a variety of exciting options to complete your adventure vacation!
Enjoy off the beaten path destinations with fewer tourists. Visit destinations that many of the large ships simply can’t reach. Enjoy the untouched beauty!
It’s an adventure and an education, all in one. You’ll have a welcoming, expert crew to keep you safe, and breathtaking destinations that you’ll never forget.
Photo Credit: Dominic Barrington | Hurtigruten
Wondering what life on board is like?
You’ll be comfortable and well fed, but you won’t find it ‘stuffy’. You won’t find any formal nights here!
Your on-board entertainment will be activities such as: open mic night, a karaoke-sing-a-long, trivia night or an expert-led educational presentation.
With only 100 – 200 passengers on most Adventure and Expedition ships, you won’t feel crowded, or rushed. Relax. Take in the fresh air and beauty that surrounds you on your journey.
Rooms can be set up with a double bed or two singles and have private bathrooms. The majority of rooms have port holes or full windows, although balconies are available on certain ships, in certain destinations. Not to worry though, there is always plenty of space on deck for animal, or nature viewing!
Photo Credit: David Merron | Quark Expeditions
Long-time adventurers agree... you should go!
"My husband and I have worked with Shari for some years now, whether it has been to organize trips or to join one of her photo tours. Shari is a very competent, organized and accommodating travel agent. With her wide-ranging travel experience, she is always able to create trips that combine culture, physical activity and excitement. She is the best in her field, by far."
Kathy Gartner-Kepkay – Thailand, Turkey, South Africa, Galapagos Islands & more
Why Hire Love the Way You Travel?
When you hire us to plan your adventure, it’s important to understand we are not a booking agent or a search engine. We are travel planners who specialize in adventure trips.
If you love off the beaten track adventures, chances are, not too many of your friends or family have 'been there, done that'. How do you know what’s the right fit for you? We work closely with our industry connections to get the best insider information to match your travel dreams. We find the perfect combination of destination, accommodations and experiences. We take care of all the logistics and keeping you informed of country entry / exit requirements, too. Save yourself time, stress and costly mistakes by leaving it all to us!
Investment & Benefits
We pride ourselves in providing you excellent value and exceptional, personalized service. When you hire us, our Planning and Support Fees start from only $300 + tax per household, depending on length and complexity of your trip. We manage your trip from beginning to end, which includes:
- Creation of fully customized itineraries
- Comparison of small group tour, safari, river cruise or small ship cruise options
- In-destination emergency support
- Personalized trip app for your phone and tablet
- Access to exclusive deals, perks and value adds that are not available to the general public or online.
- Planting of 25 trees + 0.5 Tonnes of CO2 removed, on your behalf
- Guidance on travel health, safety, insurance, tourist visa, vaccination, PCR testing and country entry requirements
- Professional advice, recommendations and responsible travel tips
Travel is life-changing and should be approached purposefully and respectfully. Ensure you get the personalized service you deserve for your next adventure.
How to begin your adventure
Step 1: Initial Consultation
We’ll dig deep to get to know you and why you love to travel. We’ll explore what a perfect adventure feels like for you, and what destinations you have in mind. We’ll fill you in on what it looks like to work together and then you decide if you’d like to work together on your next adventure.
Step 2: Itinerary Creation
Once you hire us, we start the research and planning for your amazing adventure! We work together to ensure the itinerary is perfect. We’ll discuss the cancellation and refund policies and make sure you have appropriate insurance coverage. We’ll guide you through the process to make sure nothing is missed and that your choices are having a positive impact, whenever possible.
Step 3: Travel Insurance
Insurance is one of the most important pieces of any vacation. It provides financial protection for your vacation investment and peace of mind if you get sick or need medical attention abroad.
We make sure you have the correct coverage for your needs and know exactly who to call in an emergency.
Step 4: Booking Management
Your plans are in place for an amazing adventure, but there’s still lots to be done! From deposits to final payments, online check ins to e-docs, vaccinations and PCR testing requirements. We’ll keep you on track every step of the way, making sure nothing gets missed. Our services continue while you are in destination, with 24/7 Emergency Support.